Make it more big or long (Perspective)

after
before

I've been saying I'd get around to posting something about perspective for awhile cuz I dunno how often I see pictures where things are matched up very nicely but the perspective is off, which makes object look tilted.






Page 1
Well here's an example of how to figure out perspective and what it might look like if I hadn't.
It all starts with the orginal

I wanted to make it look dangerous and tall so skippin through the cloning and making a piece of slide i could duplicate here is what it might have looked like if I were to do the normal cut and paste of pieces.

Page 2
So I'm sure you see how off things are as this is an extreme example. Here is how to find the right way to do it and how I figured out the form for the top part of the slide(incidentally the bottom was brushed and the top I used liquify to distort)

The green is the horizon, the points where things connect are vanishing points. I didn't do everything perfect because i was losing details in the bars but the idea is there.
Page 3
Here is what it looks like corrected.

I added some more things for the final, kids, a ladder, the shadow for the big slide. The final can be seen in the image at the beginning of this tutorial.
Its worth noting as well that not everything needs to be perfect in chopping either. I didn't make a shadow for the new monkey bars, nor did I attempt to correct perspective on the body of the slide.
So keep perspective in mind next time your chopping!

Post a Comment

Earn money

Earn for every valid referral. Send your invite link to your friends using IM, Email, Scraps
Alternatively, you can grow your network by sharing any of the following links.

Advertise

 

Copyright © 2011 broadget | Powered by Blogger | Template by BLOGGER

Blogger Widgets